PHPfileNavigator is state-of-the-art, open source web based application to complete manage your files and folders. It provides a powerful, reliable and easy web file management with a lots of cool features. Easy to install and configure, you can administrate your files and folders as easy as in your hard drive and access with strong security all over the net.
- Aditional Information Files
- Safe Enviroment
- Web Access Control
- Tree View
- Download of Compressed Files and Directories
- File Extractions on the Server
- Size Control
- File Type Restrictions
- Full Administration
- Activity and Error Logs
- Image Management
- Web Page or Document Upload
- File Edition
- Compressed File Content Visualization
2. BytesFall Explorer
- easy and simple interface
- interface similar to windows explorer
- Tree structure
- shell functionality
- WYSIWYG file editor
- compression tools
- authentication methods
ProjectSend (previously cFTP) is a clients-oriented file uploading utility. Clients are created and assigned a username and a password. Then you can upload as much files as you want under each account, with the ability to add a title and description to each one. ProjectSend provides easy and secure multi-file uploading and unlimited file size on ANY server! Even on common hostings shared accounts. When the client logs in, he will see a web page that contains your company logo, and a sortable list of every file uploaded under his name, with description, time, date, etc. It also works as a history of “sent” files. They can check the differences between versions, the time that it took to do that, and so on. Additional benefits include saving hundreds of mb. on email accounts since every file remains on your server until you decide to delete it, and they can be accessed from any browser anywhere.
- Unlimited file size uploading! (thanks to plupload, uploding in “chunks” allows you to overcome any server restriction on file and post sizes).
- Upload several files at a time and then add the information to all of them on a single screen.
- Upload from the web interface directly or by FTP, and then import the files into ProjectSend.
- Possibility to hide or show files from clients after they were uploaded.
- Really simple and attractive design. Ease of use for both users and clients!
- User roles (Administrator. Account Manager, Uploader).
- Sortable full lists of files, users and clients.
- Options for localization (you can select your timezone and date format). This is reflected inmediatly on every list.
- Templates system allows you to easily change the files list features and appearance.
- Two templates included: Default and Gallery.
- Options and branding selection pages. Your company logo is seen on the clients lists.
- Can be translated easily via .po files
- Copy & Move Files and Directories by Drag & Drop
- Dynamic Directory Tree with on-demand loading of subdirectories
- Edit Files
- Rename, Delete or Create new Files and Directories
- Access Files through ”FTP” or directly (using PHP) to totally overcome permission and file ownership issue
- Upload or Download files just as you like
- Create and Extract Archives (ZIP, Tar, Tar/GZ, Tar/BZ)
- User Management with different permission levels like “View only” or “Edit” and “Admin”
5. Pydio (formerly AjaXplorer)
Pydio helps you turn your web server into a powerful file management system : install once and access your files from anywhere. Organize, preview and share them, easily and securely. Pydio has a quick accessibility like a website. The program is supported by all major web browsers. Pydio can easily adapt to small screen devices. iOS application enables a comfortable usage experience on iPhone and iPad (Android coming). A Web-server with PHP 5.1 or later is sufficient to run Pydio.
- Raise the level of security
- Built-in metadata support
- Explore other data repositories
- Extend! Integrate!
- Feel Safe. You keep control
- Organize and preview your documents directly online
- Sharing made easy
6. Arfooo Directory
- Language and template system
- Unlimited categories and subcategories
- Create link directories, RSS feeds directories, but also
- Create directories without URL like yellow pages, jobs
- Display address, phone, fax, coupled with Google Maps
- URL Rewriting, anti duplicate content, and possible optimization of each field for SEO
- Simple and intuitive placement of your advertisments (Adsense, affiliate)
- Create custom fields (text, checkbox, select)
phpXplorer is an open source file management system written in PHP programming language. The file types, property sheets, views and themes are built on its own by modular design. It enables you to work on a remote file system through a web browser. By default it has got dialogs for editing HTML, PHP, image, Apache, compressed and email files. Its modular design makes it easy to build your own filetypes, property sheets, views and themes. phpXplorers permission manager enables you to restrict the access to the shared file system for multiple users in a detailed way.
- remote file system using a web browser
- editing options
- modular design
- permission manager
- multiple user system
- dialogs for editing HTML, PHP
QuiXplorer is a multi-user, web-based file-manager. It allows you to manage and/or share files over the internet, or an intranet. You can create new file and directories easily. You can also edit text files, download/upload files. Searching for files and directory makes your file access easy.
- Browsing directories; showing names, file sizes,
file types, modification times and permissions
- Copying, moving and deleting files
- Searching for files and directories
- Uploading and downloading files
- Editing text files
- Creating new files and directories
- Changing file permissions
9. NavPHP – PHP File navigator
NavPHP navigator with its unique XP style navigation is written in PHP and AJAX. The main features include multiuser support, Gzip & Deflate webpage, built in HTML and code editor as well as Extract Zip. This web based file manager is free.
- User friendly Explorer style navigation and view. Fully customizable.
- Multi user support (need MySQL).
- AJAX & DOM to avoid reloading of the full page.
- Gzip & Deflate web page encoding gives you rocket speed data transfer!
- It inherits the colour scheme of your window system. See the magic of css2!
- Thumbnail view for wbmp, jpg, png, gif and now bmp
- Right click context menu.
- Built in HTML editor, Code editor
- Keyboard shortcuts (eg. [F2] rename)
- Download file or folder as zip (eg. single click on name).
- Extract zip archive to current folder.
LetoDMS is an open-source document-management-system based on PHP and MySQL. LetoDMS allows you to store any kind of binary data – just like a usual file-system. But there are some features that extend the normal capabilities of a file-system. LetoDMS makes it possible to access your documents not only via intranet in your office but worldwide via the internet.
- Easy Access
- Upload files through web-interface
- Create folders to group your documents
- Edit document and folder properties online
- Detailed information on uploaded documents
- Lock and unlock documents
- Update documents – old versions are saved
- Individual Icons for different Mime-Types
- Set expiration-date for documents
- Users are notified about new/updated or expired documents via email
- Download documents or view them online within your Browser
- Control access via detailed ACLs (access control lists)
- User- and Group-Management
- Powerfule search-engine
- Intuitive User-Interface
- Should work with every Browser
- Auto-conversion to HTML to view even MS Word-Documents online
OpenDocMan is an opensource document management for the masses. OpenDocMan is a free document management system (DMS) designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management. It features web based access, fine grained control of access to files, and automated install and upgrades.
- Check-in and Check-out files
- Search Engine
- Multiple Users, Departments, and Categories
- File Moderation
- Email Notification
- Fine Grained Access
- File History
- Admin and Root users
- Multiple Document Versions
- Archiving function for deleted files
- Bookmarkable URL’s
- Breakcrumb Navigation
- File Expiration
35 thoughts on “10+ Best Free Web Based File Management Scripts Written in PHP”
Really awesome super-cool php file manager now days is FileGator (http://file-gator.com) Hands down for FileGator's responsive design and advanced features like multiuser permissions, multi homedirs, ajax upload, zip, unzip, image gallery, sending email links, directory tree, edit… Yes, it's commercial but it cost only $9 for the full source code.
Very Very nice
Please suggest me one of the best option for my PHP scripted site.
Best PHP/AJAX FTP file manager IMO is http://www.monstaftp.com (disclaimer – It's mine 🙂 Drag and drop files and folders, on-screen editing etc. All browser-based.
Thanks for listout the php scripts for file management.It's a wonderful collection of php scripts. I really liked the eXtplorer script, because it offers good features and it also used as component inside joomla.
I read your article and get very important information in addition if you have any query about information technology
it consulting Indianapolis
You may be interested in file sharing/document management solution HTTP Commander.
It is web application popular in organisations who needs to share local files
for remote users (educatonal organisations and other.) It is alternative to FTP, WebDav, Sharepoint, Cloud storages etc.
It works only in browser and also supports mobile divices. This file manager has integration with online document editors like Office 365, Google docs and clouds like DropBOx,
SkyDrive, Google Drive.
Here is file manager web site http://element-it.com/asp-net-explorer-browser/online-share/web-file-manager.aspx
Many thanks, I try 3 or 4 and select the best.
thanks for sharing, I only tried php file navigator so far, nice to see there so many others open source scripts for file management
Great work . your site contain most valueable information . Thanks for sharing
online billing software
thanks for sharing this information
Interesting, Im looking for a PHP server based file manager that has powerful search functions allowing it to search for Text Strings within the Files as well as the usual search criteria.?
This PHP file manager works even on routers with openwrt : http://phpfm.sourceforge.net/
I think that "PHP Filesystem Management Tool" should be included in this list.
Don't forget that things with many "features" and many "requisites" will make an application difficult to work on a platform. Maybe someone likes eyecandy apps, but I like working ones on difficult circumstances.
I need a damn ASP file manager…. 🙁
Yet another filemanager: https://github.com/alexantr/filemanager
Also check for XUpload tool (http://sibsoft.net/xupload.html) and also Free XFilesharing script (http://sibsoft.net/xfilesharing_free.html).
This is really a nice lists.Thank you for sharing this awesome Document sharing website.
Really nice list, I was looking for it, thank you.
hi, hello, this list can really help me ， but I have a question, do you know that whcih document management system can automatically generate a hash value downloading url link ? I browse all of these document management system, it does not seem to be able to meet this request, thank u a lot
Thanx for info.. guess this will be helpful.
also check scriptfolder
A new free open source file manager, build with php 5.4+ and jQuery /Ajax:
Try vDrive at http://vinaybabureddy.com
Thank you for share this informative post.
nice post, but seriously, most of them lack of a good and modern user interface, also there are not really ergonomic when it comes to keyboard.
this one is for programmers and old school fans, but also for novice users who have to deal
with lots of pictures and media files: dual panel filemaner ala MC/Total commander with tons of features like auto-completion, multi-planels,…https://github.com/mc007/xbox-app
the file manager provides a rich interface as seen in native software, but brings it a few steps further than this.
Very informative article
Thanks for sharing!!!
try also this http://www.pklopotowski.pl/en/download/download/2-php/1-mini-ftp-explorer for free,
43KB one PHP file
Would be good to note that you're the author of the FileGator…
Great script,doing bussines,thanks.
Check out http://www.filerun.com
Tiny File Manager is pretty good – https://tinyfilemanager.github.io/
Its open source and is being developed continuously.
The article is clear and bright, without the further useless details or else.
The language is equally brilliant and vibrant, so the longer I see, the longer I really do
Really best file manager is Tinyfile manager (https://github.com/prasathmani/tinyfilemanager), TinyFileManager is web based file manager and it is a simple, fast and small file manager with a single file, better add this to your best list.
Tinyfile can not be the best as it has no user accounts management. I recommend filegator.io because as the only one has option to set different permission to show files, upload files and download file. Great work!
Great tutorial, thanks, there is also another great FTP PHP script, that you can use to upload and manage files on server with any hosting account from Hostgator or Bluehost or PlotHost, this PHP Script is available on Github and SorceForge by searching for SabroCMS or downloading it directly from this link: http://www.sabro.net/sabrocmsen.htm